Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Daniel Fast, Day 4: Just Saying Hello :-)!


Hi, y'all, I know I said I had a wonderful account that I planned to share with you today of something that happened in the recent past, and I still mean to share it.  Just not today.  I'm really not concentrating very well lately, and the closer it gets to the end of the day, the more effort concentration takes.  Yet, in order to put down my full menu for the day, I need to wait until it's late; otherwise I may miss noting something that day, and I may not remember to make note of it the next day.  So I'm going to keep you in suspense for a little while longer.

I will tell you, though:  I believe that my Lord God has healed my back.  I'm clinging to this in the Spirit, and I'm living toward the complete manifestation of this wonderful reality.  The Daniel Fast that I'm currently doing is a part of that manifestation of healing.  The epicenter of it all came during a powerful Prophetic Conference that recently took place at Miracle Life Ministries International, a relatively new ministry which moved into the neighborhood at the beginning of 2011, not too long after I did.  I'm blessed, in fact, that I actually live very close by!  That whole time was a powerful time for me, in fact.  As I think on it, I was healed, and my life was touched, in more ways than one, particularly during that last session on the Saturday almost two weeks ago now.  Definitely it is a story that deserves its own entry.  I'm just saying:  Glory be to God for His unspeakable gifts to me on that day!

As for this day, I almost hesitate to tell you the menu, lest you think I copy-pasted it from yesterday.  I assure you, I did not :-).  I started off with a handful of raw almonds and a banana.  I actually got in my planned day's walk looking for the place where I bought it.  I bought two of them and two apples.  After I got home, I had a handful of almonds to hold me until I could drain, rinse, and sautĂ© some cut string beans from a can.  I sautĂ©ed them in olive oil, with Kosher salt and pepper to season them.  Right before taking them out of the sauce pan, I dashed two capfuls of concentrated lemon juice over them to balance out the oil.  They were good paired with more roasted almonds that I prepared today after getting home.  I still have a few left, and I'm debating eating them with an apple before bed.  These taste better than the ones from last night, because I roasted these at 250ÂșF.  Healthy or not, it's the high temperature that makes roasting such a flavorful way to cook anything, and there's something to be said for roasting nuts at a high enough temperature to make a difference.  To my back, my almonds, my life—Vive la difference!  And Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment