Thursday, May 17, 2012

Daniel Fast, Day 11: Halfway Point!


Breakfast was raw almonds.  Lunch was pintos and rice with guac.  Supper was more like a snack, a handful of baby carrots dipped in hummus.  I dipped into all of them except the garlic because I went to Bible study afterward, and I didn't want to smell.  Afterward, I went to Mickey D's and got their Southwest salad, custom-made for myself.  It has mixed greens, black beans, corn, and cheese.  I had them leave off the cheese, as well as the cilantro-lime sauce that normally goes on it.  As for dressing, I opted for balsamic vinaigrette, which I subsequently did not eat because, being reduced-fat, it contained a handful of things that aren't permitted on the fast, including sugar.  So I ate the salad undressed.  Warning:  the corn is sweet.  I have a sneaking suspicion that sugar or some other sweetener has been in contact with it.  Probably not a good idea to eat anything else from there until the fast is done.

But I have now made it to the halfway point, and I'm very happy about that.  I also walked home today from the stop on my alternate travel route, and I only paused once or twice, and only for a few seconds or so.  I'm also happy about that achievement.  I'm hoping for the day when I do the walk without stopping for anything other than traffic lights, which I don't count, because of course, you have to stop for those.

In other interesting developments:  Remember my friend, who became not-my-friend, sort of?  Well, he's how I got to Mickey D's.  Let's just say we're having a "throwback" moment.  On one level I'm happy, and I can't say I'm all that surprised.  How I ought to feel about it, as distinct from how I do feel, is something I'll sort out as best I can in a quieter moment.  If you are in Christ, then please pray for us.  All I will say more is that I never decided to stop being his friend, whatever he may have decided.  He remains precious to me.  It is what it is.

I'm writing this way later than I usually do, and I have to prepare for the morning and whatever it brings.  So sweet sleep to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment