Monday, May 21, 2012

Daniel Fast, Day 15: Races


Breakfast was strawberries.  Lunch was sunflower seeds and oven-baked potato chips.  Supper was sunflower seeds and strawberries.  And a few drops of a fresh batch of strawberry goosh.  We're talking far less than last night, and last night I had just enough to swallow maybe twice.

Basically, we had to rush to get through the strawberries.  Who knew that fresh-picked strawberries could start to mold literally overnight?!  The good news is that I got to eat plenty of them over the last 24 hours, and I'm really happy about that.  I love strawberries.  And I got a break from almonds and beans.

This is starting to wear on me.  I'm pretty certain it's mostly due to the monotony of my menu.  I didn't prepare very well for this, and I have yet to eat the frozen veggies I bought from Whole Foods.  I think it's mostly because they remind me of the cashews I really wanted but didn't get.  I truly was disappointed about that.  I'm looking forward to another chance to go back to Whole foods to buy maple syrup and some of the flours I didn't get before.  And some fish would probably taste very good right about now.  But I'm still hanging in there.  I know that when I'm done, I'll be very glad that I did it.

I also know that this was, in large part, to help me set myself up for a dietary overhaul.  I cannot go back to eating the way I ate before I started the fast, that's certain.  I'm going to be eating a lot more beans, for one thing, and I know that there are a lot of different kinds of beans other than pintos, so one thing I want to do is purchase different kinds.  Hopefully, they'll taste enough different one kind from the other that I'll eventually develop a keen taste to be able to distinguish the flavor of one kind from the flavor of another kind.  And I'm going to be sure to keep a good variety of produce on hand so I don't get into monotony and ultimately rebel against boredom.  

Meanwhile, I have six more days to complete, and I want to finish well.  I'm determined to complete this fast, to the glory of God and the joy of myself and my body—and a healthy future.  Can I please tell you how good hope feels?!  Thank You, Abba!

No comments:

Post a Comment